Welcome members of the uniformed services.
For more details on eligibility and more information on FEDVIP, please visit TRICARE.benefeds.com
If you’ve landed here, then I’m sure you already heard the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP) will end on December 31, 2018. If you would like dental coverage next year, effective January 1, 2019, you must select and enroll in a Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP) dental plan during the next Federal Benefits Open Season.
Vision coverage is also available to you for the first time under FEDVIP. Retired uniformed service members and their families, and family members of active duty service men and women, will now be eligible to enroll in a FEDVIP vision plan if enrolled in a TRICARE health plan.
Your first opportunity to enroll in a FEDVIP dental and/or vision plan will be during the next Federal Benefits Open Season, which runs from November 12 through midnight Eastern Time December 10, 2018. When you join a plan, your new coverage will be effective January 1, 2019.
Eligibility for FEDVIP
Dental coverage eligibility:Includes retired uniformed service members and their families who were eligible for the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP) in 2018.
Vision coverage eligibility:
- Includes retired uniformed service members and their families, who are enrolled in a TRICARE health plan, beginning in 2019.
- In addition, family members of active duty uniformed service members who are enrolled in a TRICARE health plan are eligible for FEDVIP vision coverage.
Aetna FEDVIP plan offerings available this open season:
For information about our plans available through the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), please visit our Dental PPO Plan site or our Aetna Vision Preferred site.
Be sure to remember:
- Benefits and rates for 2019 will be available in October
- You can enroll in a plan during the Federal Benefits Open Season, November 12 – December 10, 2018
- When you join a plan, your new coverage will become effective on January 1, 2019
To find out if you’re eligible, read frequently asked questions, or to sign up for alerts, visit: TRICARE.Benefeds.com
Connect live with an Aetna federal team member about the FEDVIP TRICARE plan offerings and get your questions answered at AetnaFedsLive.com