Taking care of your eyes should be easy
Nationwide coverage and eye-opening savings
The top 3 reasons to choose Aetna Vision℠ Preferred Plan
- Choice - over 97,000 in-network providers to choose from
- Savings - rich benefits at reasonable rates
- Convenience - available night/weekend appointments and online eyewear shopping
2019 Biweekly rates
|Aetna Vision||Self Only||Self + 1||Self & Family|
2019 Monthly rates
|Aetna Vision||Self Only||Self + 1||Self & Family|
You get discounts:**
- On popular lens options, including fixed pricing on photochromic coatings.
- Up to 40 percent off additional pairs of glasses or prescription sunglasses.
- Up to 15% off the retail price of LASIK laser eye surgery.
- 20% off any remaining balance over the plan's frame allowance.
- 15% off any balance over the allowance on conventional contact lens purchases.
- 20% off non-covered items
- Retinal imaging – pay no more than $39
Benefit and cost comparisons (see the difference)
|Key benefit features in the Aetna network||Standard option||High option|
|Routine eye exam||$0||$0|
BONUS: You'll also get an additional 20% off any balance over the frame allowance. Frame choices aren't limited to frame towers or collections.
|Nothing up to $140 allowance once every calendar year||Nothing up to $230 allowance once every calendar year|
|Standard Plastic Lenses — single, bifocal, trifocal, lenticular once every calendar year in lieu of contacts||$10||$0|
|Standard progressive lenses||$75||$0|
|Most premium progressive lenses||$95 – $120||$40 - $65|
|Standard Polycarbonate lenses; scratch coating||$0||$0|
|UV treatment; tint||$15 copay for each||$0|
|Most Anti-Reflective Coatings||$45-$68||$20-$43|
BONUS: Receive an additional 15% off any balance over the allowance on conventional contact lenses once every calendar year in lieu of eyeglass lenses
|Nothing up to $140 allowance||Nothing up to $150 allowance|
|Standard Contact Lens Fit and Follow-Up||$40 fixed discount**||$40 fixed discount**|
|Premium Contact Lens Fit and Follow-Up||90% of retail price||90% of retail price|
Other Aetna plan advantages
- No deductible to meet - the plan starts paying right away
- No limit on your choice of frames
- No limit on what brand of contact lenses network providers can prescribe - you get maximum benefits no matter which brand you choose
- Award winning customer service 7 days per week
- Welcome kit mailed to your home with 2 ID cards
- You can use your flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) toward your out–of-pocket expenses
- Aetna Vision Preferred mobile app – download for free! And easily find a provider, view your ID card, get benefit information and answers to frequently asked questions
- Members-only special offers are available on aetnavision.com!
- International travel solution – we’re ready to help if a vision emergency sneaks up on you when traveling abroad
Go practically anywhere for eye care
With Aetna VisionTM Preferred, you can see any provider you want, in the Aetna network or out. But remember: network providers will cost you less.
Choice, convenience, flexibility
We know you live busy lives, that’s why our network includes so many providers with convenient evening and weekend hours. You can receive care and shop at:
You can also apply your benefits online at any of the below retailers:
Need more information?
Enroll today at benefeds.com or call 877-888-3337.
Enroll now at benefeds.com »
Enrolling is easy. Visit benefeds.com or
call 877-888-3337 to get started.
*Internal database as of July 2018.
**The amount shown is the negotiated discounted price you will pay the provider. Discounts may not be available in all states at all in-network providers. To see a list of providers who do honor discounts, go to directly to www.aetnavision.com , select Find a Provider, and if you see "May not accept all additional plan discounts" you should contact the provider to confirm.
***Please refer to the plan brochure in Section 4, Your Cost for Covered Services, for the nationwide reimbursement schedule and Section 6, International Services and Supplies, for the international reimbursement schedule.
Vision insurance plans are underwritten by Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna). Certain claims administration services are provided by First American Administrators, Inc. and certain network administration services are provided through EyeMed Vision Care, LLC ("EyeMed").
This is a brief description of the features of this Aetna health benefits plan. Before making a decision, please read the plan’s applicable federal brochure(s). All benefits are subject to the definitions, limitations and exclusions set forth in the federal brochure. This material is for information purposes only. Providers participating in the Aetna Vision Network are contracted through EyeMed Vision Care, LLC (EyeMed). EyeMed and Aetna are independent contractors and not employees or agents of each other. Participating vision providers are credentialed by and subject to the credentialing requirements of EyeMed. Aetna does not provide medical/vision care or treatment and is not responsible for outcomes. Aetna does not guarantee access to vision care services or access to specific vision care providers, and provider network composition is subject to change without notice. Not all vision services are covered. See FEDVIP brochure for a complete description of benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions of coverage. Discount offers provide access to discounted services and are NOT insured benefits. Lens coverage can be used once every benefit period to purchase either one pair of eyeglass lenses OR contact lenses. Exam coverage and frame coverage can be used once every benefit period. Information is believed to be accurate as of the production date; however, it is subject to change. For more information about Aetna plans, refer to aetnafeds.com/vision.