Taking care of your eyes should be easy
Worldwide coverage and eye-opening savings
New Hires have 60 days to choose benefits.
Sign up at www.benefeds.com or call 1-877-888-3337.
2018 Biweekly rates
|Aetna Vision||Self Only||Self + 1||Self & Family|
2018 Monthly rates
|Aetna Vision||Self Only||Self + 1||Self & Family|
Get MORE for LESS- we've increased benefits and lowered rates for 2018
- $230 to spend on frames in the High plan ($30 more than 2017)
- $140 to spend on frames in the Standard plan ($20 more than 2017)
- $140 to spend on contact lenses in the Standard plan ($20 more than in 2017)
- New in-network online providers
- Members-only special offers for vision-related products and services
Go practically anywhere for eye care
With Aetna Vision™ Preferred, you can see any provider you want, in the Aetna network or out. But remember: Network providers will cost you less.
Plus, the Aetna network is extensive. With over 90,000 providers* to choose from, you're bound to find a provider in your area.. And, for added convenience you can use your in-network benefits on-line at one of our in-network on-line providers. You can see the doctors you want and pick from top brands like Ray-Ban®, Oakley® and Coach®.
Choice, convenience, flexibility
We know you live busy lives, that’s why our network includes so many providers with evening and weekend hours, including these popular national retailers:
When you sign up for Aetna Vision Preferred, you’re on your way to saving money and seeing your hard earned money go further. You’ll have a choice of two plan options – standard or high.
This year, both plans have increased benefits!
Remember, we don't limit your frame choices to specific brands or collections. You can use your allowance towards any frame available and if you go over that amount, you’ll even get 20% off the balance.
Benefit and cost comparisons (see the difference)
|Key benefit features in the Aetna network||Standard option||High option|
|Routine eye exam||$0 copay||$0 copay|
BONUS: You'll also get an additional 20% off any balance over the frame allowance
|$140 allowance once every other calendar year||$230 allowance once every calendar year|
|Standard Lenses — single, bifocal, trifocal, lenticular once every calendar year in lieu of contacts||$10 copay||$0 copay|
|Standard progressive lenses||$75 copay||$20 copay|
|Most premium progressive lenses||$95 – $120 copay||$40 - $65 copay|
|Standard Polycarbonate lenses; scratch coating||$0 copay||$0 copay|
|UV treatment; tint||$15 copay for each||$0 copay|
|Most Anti-Reflective Coatings||$45-$68 copay||$20-$43 copay|
BONUS: Receive an additional 15% off any balance over the allowance on conventional contact lenses
once every calendar year in lieu of eyeglass lenses
|$140 allowance||$150 allowance|
Other Aetna plan advantages
- No deductible to meet
- No limit on your choice of frames
- No limit on what brand of contact lenses network providers can prescribe
- Award winning customer service 7 days per week
- Welcome kit mailed to your home with 2 ID cards
- You can use your flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) toward your out–of-pocket expenses
- Aetna Vision Preferred mobile app – download for free! And easily find a provider, view your ID card, get benefit information and answers to frequently asked questions
- Members-only special offers are available on aetnavision.com!
- International Travel Solution – we’re ready to help if a vision emergency sneaks up on you when traveling abroad
You get discounts:**
- On popular lens options, including fixed pricing on photochromic coatings.
- Up to 40 percent off additional pairs of glasses or prescription sunglasses.
- Up to 15% off the retail price of LASIK laser eye surgery.
- 20% off any remaining balance over the plan's frame allowance.
- 15% off any balance over the allowance on conventional contact lens purchases.
- 20% off non-covered items
- Retinal imaging – pay no more than $39
Why choose Aetna Vision℠ Preferred Plan?
- Routine eye exams
- Eyeglasses, including designer frames
- Prescription sunglasses
- Contact lenses and more
- Watch a video overview of the Aetna Vision Preferred Plan
Need more information?
Enroll today at benefeds.com or call 877-888-3337.
Enroll now at benefeds.com »
Enrolling is easy. Visit benefeds.com or
call 877-888-3337 to get started.
*EyeMed database as of July 2017.
**Discounts may not be available in all states at all in-network providers. Provider who may not accept discounts will be identified during a provider search. If you see "May not accept all additional plan discounts" we suggest you contact the provider to confirm.
Vision insurance plans are underwritten by Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna). Certain claims administration services are provided by First American Administrators, Inc. and certain network administration services are provided through EyeMed Vision Care, LLC ("EyeMed").
This is a brief description of the features of this Aetna health benefits plan. Before making a decision, please read the plan’s applicable federal brochure(s). All benefits are subject to the definitions, limitations and exclusions set forth in the federal brochure. This material is for information purposes only. Providers participating in the Aetna Vision Network are contracted through EyeMed Vision Care, LLC (EyeMed). EyeMed and Aetna are independent contractors and not employees or agents of each other. Participating vision providers are credentialed by and subject to the credentialing requirements of EyeMed. Aetna does not provide medical/vision care or treatment and is not responsible for outcomes. Aetna does not guarantee access to vision care services or access to specific vision care providers, and provider network composition is subject to change without notice. Not all vision services are covered. See FEDVIP brochure for a complete description of benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions of coverage. Discount offers provide access to discounted services and are NOT insured benefits. Lens coverage can be used once every benefit period to purchase either one pair of eyeglass lenses OR contact lenses. Exam coverage and frame coverage can be used once every benefit period. Information is believed to be accurate as of the production date; however, it is subject to change. For more information about Aetna plans, refer to aetnafeds.com/vision.