Welcome new hires!
Congratulations on your recent employment with the Federal Government.
We have plans with the features most important to you.
- Network – access to providers in and out of network, nationwide coverage, and no referrals
- Health Savings Account – Earn tax free savings dedicated to future health-related costs
- Predictable copays
- Dental/Vision – benefits and discounts in your medical plan that help you stay healthy
- Wellness credits – rewarding you for healthy habits
- Convenience – Online tools and mobile apps to ease the process
FEHB Health Plans
We are proud to offer a variety of health plans
- Visit any doctor in the network - without a referral*
- Keeps copays and costs predictable - no surprises
- Built-in dental and vision coverage
*Referrals are required in our California HMO plan.
Competitive rates with low copays for doctor visits and most services.
Consumer Option (HDHP with HSA)
Part health plan, part savings account. Get up to $2,400 in your HSA to help pay for expenses or to save for the future.
Value PlanAffordable plan with predictable costs for doctor visits, maternity care and covered lab tests.
- Can visit any doctor - without a referral
- Have 24/7 access to doctors via phone or video with Teladoc®
- Enjoy no cost lab work when performed by LabCorp® or Quest Diagnostics™
- Highly rated dedicated customer service agents available 24/7
Find a doctor with Provider Search
Use the Provider Search directory when you need to locate participating doctors, dentists, pharmacies, labs, hospitals and more.
See if your doctor is in the Aetna® network
Remember, using doctors that participate in the Aetna® network gives you the most value. Aetna networks are among the largest in the country. So, chances are your doctor is already there. You can check right now!
- Step 1: Visit the Provider Search web site and click on “START A NEW SEARCH.”
- Step 2: Follow the prompts. You can search by zip code, doctor name, specialty, hospital affiliation, gender — you choose how to search.
- Step 3: When prompted for your plan type, select the network based on which plan you’re interested in.
After you've enrolled, you'll be able to use the secure member website to search for participating providers. Your plan information is prefilled on the Aetna® member website, making your search even easier!
Learn more about your doctor
To make an informed decision, Provider Search gives you helpful information about a doctor:
- Plans accepted
- Office locations
- Maps and driving directions
- Medical school attended
- Board certification
- Languages spoken
Not a member yet?
Take a test run by using “federal3” for the username and password. Visit: Aetna® member website now.
All of these online tools are available to our members through Aetna® member website:
- Cost of Care Tool – find the average price for hospital stays, procedures and prescriptions.
- Member Payment Estimator – provides real-time, out-of-pocket estimates for medical expenses based on your Aetna® health plan.
- Hospital Comparison Tool – compare area hospitals to see how they measure up in quality and treatment for specific procedures.
- Personal Health Record – captures important health information in one place, helping you stay healthy with personalized alerts and reminders so you can share your health history with your doctors.
- SmartSource – find custom-fit health information, based on your specific condition or symptom, including a list of doctors that treat your condition.
Estimated costs are not available in all markets or for all services. We provide an estimate for the amount you would owe for a particular service based on your plan at that very point in time. It is not a guarantee. Actual costs may differ from an estimate for various reasons including claims processing times for other services, providers joining or leaving our network or changes to your plan. Health maintenance organization (HMO) members can only get estimated costs for doctor and outpatient facility services. Providers are independent contractors and are not agents of Aetna. Provider participation may change without notice. Aetna does not provide care or guarantee access to health services. Quest, Quest Diagnostics, any associated logos, and all associated Quest Diagnostics registered or unregistered trademarks are the property of Quest Diagnostics. All trademarks and logos are the intellectual property of their respective owners.
For information about our plans available through the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), please visit our Dental PPO Plan page or our Aetna Vision℠ Preferred plan page.